Last Updated on
Whether you’re going on a road trip or just a family day out with your kids and pets, it’s inevitable to find some dirt or mucky footprints on the top of your car seats. This can be at times annoying as the cleanup task can be tiresome. Similar to other car accessories, having a car seat protector is very important. It will keep your car seat clean and keep you off from the annoying moments. This article has combined the best car seat protectors that you will find in the market. But before then, let’s look at the benefits of a car seat protector.
Benefits of a car seat protector
Protects the car seats from the UV rays
You may not be in a position of preventing your seats from getting worn out completely but you can prevent them from degrading so fast. This can by the use of car seat protectors. When the car is exposed to the suns UV rays, they get to the protectors first before reaching the car seats themselves. This prevents rapid worn out.
Provides a stress-free day-out and travel environment
Traveling with your family or going for a family- day out is fun. This, however, can be turned dull when the kids get back to the car and make it messy. This can be avoided by having the car seat protectors. Your car seats are well protected from all the dirt hence become long-lasting since they will not need frequent cleaning.
Increases the car’s resale value
It’s undeniable that the sale of a car reduces over time. The resale value of the car can, however, be retained as much as possible when the car seats had car seat protectors. This is because the car seats will look better and the overall look of the car will be improved.
Types of Car Seat Protectors
There are three types of car seat protectors; custom fit, universal seat protectors and semi-custom fit protectors.
Custom-fit car seat protectors
These car seat protectors are personalized to the user. They are perfectly designed to fit the user’s car model and type. Most people who prefer this are not afraid of commitment.
Universal car seat protectors
These protectors can be used on any vehicle. They can be conveniently be transferred from one car seat to another on a different car. This is considered mostly when the user is likely to purchase a different vehicle and would like to utilize the same car seat protectors.
Semi-custom fit car seat protectors
These car seat protectors lie between the custom fit protectors and the universal ones. They are the most popular in the market and are cheaper than the custom fit car seat protectors.
With the above background information, let’s now look at the best car seat protectors available in the market.
Best Car Seat Protectors
1. Gorla waterproof car seat protector
As its name suggests, this car seat cover is waterproof, hence is very appropriate for the active individuals who are likely to worry about ruining their car seats with sweat. With this cover, you will be more relaxed even after some gym sessions. Moreover, your car seats will be long-lasting and have a lifetime warranty. The cover is made of Neoprene material which prevents you from the stickiness of leather especially during hot seasons, giving you a comfortable environment.
- Made of neoprene material that’s friendly to the skin
- The straps are well integrated to keep the protector in place
- The initial price provided includes a seat belt protector
- It’s provided with a lifetime warranty
- It weighs 1.52 pounds
2. Lyork car seat cover
These car seat protectors have mesh pockets that are relevant when kids bring with them toys to the car. The toys, books, bottles or other small items in the car can be well arranged in the pockets to prevent them from being scattered all over. They are more durable since they are made of PVC leather, 600D fabric and come with heavy-duty safety straps.
- Made of durable PVC leather and 600D fabric
- It’s waterproof
- Have ventilated mesh pockets
- Have heavy-duty safety straps that are adjustable to keep the cover in place
- Weighs 2.3 pounds
3. Enovoe car seat protector
These car seat protectors take the form of mats. They are strapped around the car seats using the heavy-duty straps and provide adequate cover to the seat. They have a sleek look since their material is of high quality and have a deluxe packaging. They are easy to clean as you will just need a damp cloth to wipe them and their original look will be back.
- They are black.
- Have heavy-duty straps which keep the mat in place.
- They are provided with a lifetime warranty.
- They cover the seats completely.
- Very easy to clean as indicated above.
- The deluxe packaging maintains the good condition of the KICK Mats.
- They weigh 11.2 ounces
4. Brica deluxe car seat protectors
Brica deluxe car seat protectors are also available as Kick Mats. Their size has been increased to 10% more than the previous one. This does not make them bulkier as they have elastic straps that keep the mat in place, hence they look tailored against the seat. Most clients are impressed by its simplicity. Moreover, the absence of pockets makes it easy to clean.
- Have a grim guard fabric that eliminates moisture
- Can be cleaned using a washing machine
- It’s larger than the previous version
- Lies under universal fit car seat protectors
- It weighs 11.2 ounces
5. FH Group leatherette car seat covers
Most people get worried about car seat protectors changing the overall look of your car. This should not worry you when you prefer FH Group’s car seat cushions. They have a fashionable design that could be even appealing than that of the seats. You can choose from a variety of colors provided by the manufacturer. The built-in pockets are underneath the seats and don’t stick out as in some other types. These covers are both water-resistant and non-slip. Moreover, the seat belt holders are built-in and the design of the cover is compatible with the airbag.
- Can be easily cleaned due since it’s water-resistant.
- Available in a variety of classy colors.
- Has a side less design that allows for in-built seatbelt holders.
- The cushions can be adjusted due to the non-slip backing.
- Weighs 5.05 pounds.
6. Oasser car back seat protectors
This is appropriate when you want to keep your kids enjoyed throughout a long trip. These car seat protectors in the form of Kick Mats have clear iPad holder that will provide the entertainment needed. Moreover, there is a Nylon fasten tape on the sides of the holder where you can plug in earphones and you can enjoy some quiet time in the front. It’s durable and waterproof hence protecting the cars seats accordingly.
- Made of waterproof frosted PVC, 600D Oxford material and nylon.
- Have mesh bags to keep the small items well arranged.
- Easy to clean since its waterproof.
- Presence of 10 inches iPad holder on the backseat organizers.
- Have a bilateral closure that keeps headsets and cables charged.
- Weighs 1.72 pounds
7. Big Ant rear car seat cover
This nonslip car seat protector is made of high-quality leather and is sponge fitted for more comfort. It’s both water-resistant and scratch-resistant. Moreover, the seats can be easily cleaned by just a swipe of a cloth. They are provided in classy grey, black and beige designs.
- It’s nonslip hence the cover remains intact with the car seat
- It has a size of 58.3 lengths and 18.9 width
- The cushion controls the body temperature
- It’s compatible to airbags
- Exposes seatbelt buckles for convenience and safety
- Weighs 1.76 pounds
8. Ohuhu child car seat covers
Provides a 360- degree coverage to the car seat. It has premium polyester material and has adjustable elastic straps. They apply the dual grip technology to ensure that the car protector is in place. Additionally, there are mesh pockets to hold the small items and keep the back of your car neat.
- It’s durable due to the premium polyester
- Has well-placed mesh pockets.
- The straps are elastic making it easy to install
- Is provided in form of four-pack for both kick mats and seat protectors
- They’re anti-slip hence increasing the safety of the user
- Weighs 3.99 pounds.
9. Lebogner car seat protector
This protector is offered at a lower price, yet its quality isn’t compromised. It has adjustable straps that ease its installation to the seat. It has a tablet holder and five organizer pockets. The super grip vinyl corners improve its appearance. Interestingly, it has a lifetime warranty.
- Has lifetime money-back guarantee.
- Keeps the car neat with the presence of five organizer pockets.
- Keep the users entertained due to the tablet holder.
- Your kids are kept safe with the super grip vinyl corners.
- It weighs 1.65 pounds.
- Its design allows it to fit around the car seat appropriately.
10. Shynerk car seat protector
This car seat protector is compatible with all car seats. It has heavy-duty strips that are adjustable making it easy to install. The strips are also anti-slip keep your kids safe while traveling. Your fun is not limited as the cover is waterproof hence any spills made on it can be easily cleaned.
- It’s a universal car seat protector
- The protector is kept intact by grips on both sides
- It is made of waterproof 600D Oxford fabric
- It’s a one-piece design
- It weighs 1.85 pounds
11. Lusso gear back seat protectors
These car seat protectors are heavy duty and are Kick Mats. They are made of Oxford fabric that is odor-free. Have three mesh pockets that are fit for keeping your car neat. Have heavy-duty nylon straps that make their installation very easy.
- They’re provided with a lifetime warranty.
- Have adjustable headrest straps for more safety.
- Its materials are odor-free hence very sustainable.
- In every two-pack protector, there are three mesh pockets.
- Have heavy-duty nylon straps that keep the protector well secured on the seat.
- Weighs 15.2 ounces.
12. IVICY car seat cover protector
These car seat protector cushions are classy and increase the overall appearance of your car. It is made of soft suede fabric and warm beige tones that are appealing to the eye. They can be installed in a matter of seconds are not affected by drastic changes in temperature hence it can be utilized in all seasons.
- Can be cleaned using a washing machine and air-dried.
- The anti-slip backing makes it easy to install it.
- It has a one-year warranty on any defects on the material.
- The buyer is also provided with a thirty-day money-back guarantee.
- Made with suede fabric that is soothing to the eye and very comfortable due to its softness.
- Weighs 1.15 pounds.
13. CleanRide car seat protector
It’s 100% waterproof thus keeping it safe from harm. Has a smart hook system that reduces the installation time. It stands out as the only car seat protector that’s lab tested for the resistance of bacteria. Therefore, there are no bad odors from the car seat. Since its waterproof, there would be no stickiness on the seat. Furthermore, it’s lightweight hence easy to clean and install.
- Has 100% money-back warranty.
- It’s easy to install due to its lightweight and the smart hook system.
- It’s waterproof, hence prevents any stains from getting to the car seat.
- Have a wicking fabric that increases its durability.
- Weighs 11.2 ounces.
14. Shmidt’s car seat protector
This is a universal car protector that’s resistant to the sun’s UV rays. It’s provided in a variety of irresistible grey, black and beige colors. Its design is kept intact to the seat by the extra- tuck -in security flap and PVC dots that are non- slip and on the backside of the protector. Interestingly, its sewn and stitched by hand.
- There are a variety of classy colors to choose from.
- They’re durable due to their hand-stitched designed.
- The extra tuck in security flap keeps the users safe.
- They are made of 600D Oxford fabric.
- They’re water-resistant.
- Have spacious pockets for storage of small items.
- Weighs 1.3 pounds.
15. Tike smart seat back protector
This car seat protector has well placed and hidden strips to prevent any annoyance they may create. It’s waterproof and made of high-quality polyester fabric that’s coated with PVC. Since it’s waterproof, it’s easy to clean and provides great protection to the car seat. It can fit in the majority of car seats.
- Has a tan color that’s soothing to the eye.
- Can be cleaned instantly by just wiping with a damp cloth.
- The straps can be easily fitted keeping the seat intact.
- Weighs 6.4 ounces.
Difference between Neosupreme and Neoprene car seat covers
Most users get confused with these two different types and end up paying higher prices for the wrong material.
- Neosupreme is made of Neotex which is water and UV-resistant. On the other hand, Neoprene is made of water-resistant chloroprene rubber.
- Neoprene is more expensive than Neosupreme due to the presence of the rubber. They, therefore, have a distinctive odor, when the smell is strong, the bargaining power is high too.
The type of car seat protector you choose depends on your interest and your needs. You now have a wide range of car seat protectors to choose from. It’s advisable to check in detail the return policy and warranties to avoid disappointments.